Hello world! Firstly, my name is Phillip Nguyen and I'm here to write and record my experiences in the course CSC148. This week's topic: object-oriented programming!
Having previously learned about O.O.P., it is nothing new for me. I understand the concepts of extending classes, inheritance, overriding methods and how each object has its own "characteristics" and "behaviours."
However, when I first learned about O.O.P., my initial reaction was that I found it very fascinating! In my mind, I compared objects to Lego. Just as Lego can come in different shapes, sizes and colours, objects can also be very different (or even similar) to other objects. Also, each piece alone may not be significant, however together they can be used to build a magnificent structure.
At the time what I found difficult was the concept of inheritance and how objects can interact with each other. The best advice that has helped me throughout my programming experience is: experiment! When I had a question, instead of asking a teacher first, I would try to find the answer by experimenting and coding. I found that this really helped me greatly for learning how and why things work.
Finally, if you have any questions, comments or feedback post below!
No comments:
Post a Comment